Sponsored by Coed y Dinas and Maelor Foods Ltd
Companion Dog Show Held under Kennel Club Rules and Regulations
Dogs in cars on Hot Days
- When travelling to a show please consider if the route to the show is on a busy holiday route and leave earlier to avoid increased time in traffic jams.
- If your car is not air conditioned seriously consider whether travelling to the show is a good idea at all
- The vehicle should be as fully ventilated as possible and plenty of stops should be taken with lots of water available to drink
- Ensure your dog is not sitting in full sunlight. There should be plenty of free flowing air around the dog.
- When at the show never leave your dog in the vehicle.
- Keep your dog in the shade – take your own shade for example a large umbrella and always have plenty of water available to drink so your dog stays well hydrated.
- Avoid your dog taking part in unnecessary exertion or from standing in exposed sunlight for extended lengths of time.
Remember, if you feel hot your dog is very likely to feel much hotter and dehydrated and this could lead to dire results. Please look after your dog’s welfare.
Warning: if your dog is found to be at risk, forcible entry to your vehicle may be necessary without liability for any damage caused.
Anyone whose dog is entered at a Kennel Club licensed event should take all reasonable steps to ensure the needs of their dog(s) are met and should not put a dog’s health and welfare at risk by any action, default, omission or otherwise. Breach of Kennel Club Regulations in this respect may be referred to the General Committee for disciplinary action under Kennel Club Regulations
Right to refuse entries: Exhibitors/competitors are reminded that show societies have the right to refuse entry should they feel the need to do so.
A dog docked on or after the 28th March 2007 may not be entered for exhibition at this show
ENTRIES TAKEN UP TO 10 MINUTES BEFORE CLASS STARTS
Judging to commence at 12.00pm in Dog Show Ring
Judging of Classes 6 to 15 will take place after 1.30pm
PRIZES: Rosettes to 6th place ENTRY FEE: £1
Classes 1-5 OPEN TO PEDIGREE DOGS Classes 6-14 OPEN TO ALL DOGS
1 Any variety Puppy 6-12 months old
2 Any Variety Junior 12-18 months old
3 Any Variety non-Sporting – Utility, Toy, Working and Pastoral
4 Any Variety Sporting – Gundog, Hound and Terrier
5 Any Variety Open
BEST PEDIGREE DOG IN SHOW
RESERVE DOG IN SHOW
ROSETTE for Best Puppy Class 1
PRIZES: Classes 6-15 will not commence before 1.30pm
6 Best Veteran 7yrs and over
7 Best Cross Bred
8 Best Child Handler 10yrs and under
9 Best Child Handler 11-16yrs
10 Most Handsome Dog
11 Prettiest Bitch
12 Best Rescue Dog
13 Best Local Dog within four miles of Llanfyllin
14 Dog Judge would most like to take home
15 Fastest Sausage Eater